Mold & Air Quality Testing
Air Quality Tests
Mold Busters offers top of the line Air Quality Tests. Mold Busters is able to take samples of the air in your home to determine precise mold levels by pumping 75 liters of air from your home through a cassette filter.
That mold testing filter is then sent to an independent lab that analyzes the filter. When they are finished they send their mold test report back. The mold test report gives information detailing the molds spore count in your home and what types of mold spores are in the home.
It is easy to tell if there is an issue once this report is compared with outside mold levels. The mold test done in your home should be similar or below outdoor mold testing averages in order for your home to be healthy.
The independent lab can take anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to complete their analysis.
Mold Busters mold testing procedure saves you money by running fewer tests than other mold removal companies. They run a mold test in almost every room to determine where mold levels are the highest. For our process this number of tests is unnecessary because Mold Busters treats the whole home every time. Other companies charge anywhere from $250 to $500 for their mold testing. Mold Busters mold tests are just $100.00.
Testing to locate the source of moisture causing is important so you can fix what is causing the mold growth. However this type of testing is not necessary when there is no question about what is creating the moisture that is in turn allowing mold to grow and spore.
Is Mold or Air Quality Testing Necessary?
In many cases "No."
When you can see the mold growth, then there is usually no need to do any testing. Your time and resources may be better spent on eliminating the problem.
However there are instances when the answer is "Yes."
- It is always a good idea to do a post mold remediation treatment test to ensure the job was done well.
- When visible mold is not present, but you can smell it or feel mold is effecting your health.
- A doctor or other healthcare provider would like evidence of elevated mold levels.
- Real Estate Transactions where a buyer demands it.
- Landlord/Tenant disputes about whether there is a mold problem.
- You are personally interested in knowing how much your air quality has improved
- The rare situation where mold is visible, but you can't figure out if it really is mold or where the moisture is coming from.